Buying an SD card is not as simple as it sounds. Or rather it is, but you must take into account some characteristics to choose the right card. We will help you with that by telling you which SD card to buy for the cell phone. The aspects that you should take into account are the following:
- Type: the cards can be SC, HC or XC. This will determine whether or not it is compatible with your device. Each SD card is compatible with equipment of the same type or higher. For example, SCs are capable of working properly on any device.
- Capacity: If you want to buy a card with a large capacity, such as 64 or 128GB, you must first ensure that your team supports that capacity.
- Speed: You should also check that the speed with which your device works is not higher than that used by the SD card.
- UHS: in the event that your mobile works with Ultra High Speed (UHS) cards, the best option is to decide on it! To identify them keep in mind that they have the numeral I or II printed.
Format the SD Card as Internal Memory
In the event that you need to format an SD card, all mobiles have this option. The problem is that it is generally hidden. Enter Settings, Storage and then click on the microSD section. If the Format option appears, just click there! If this is not the case, you can follow a series of steps to format the SD card:
- Make a backup of what you have saved on the SD card if you don’t want to lose it.
- Enter the phone’s Settings menu and press DeveloperOptions. There you should check that USB Debugging is activated, otherwise activate it.
- Check that you have ADB Tools installed, but download it.
- Connect the cell phone to the computer. On the pc, right-click on the Windows symbol.
- When the window opens, type adbshell. This will open a new line. Write sm list-disks in that space and you will see below the ID number of your card.
- Now, to convert it to internal storage, you will have to write smpartition disk here you will insert the number of the private The process will take a few seconds. In case you want only part of the card to be converted to internal storage, type sm partition here and insert the number of the card mixed 50
Move the Apps to SD Card on Android
If what you want is to move applications to the SD card in the cell phone, you must follow some steps. In the event that your Android 6.0 or more device do the following:
- Insert the card in your cell phone and you will see a notice that it has been detected. Click Install. If this option does not appear, go to Settings, Storage, and USBand click Format as internal storage.
- In the next window, you must click on Use as internal storage and then click on Next.
- Then a notification will appear notifying you that from that moment the card will only work on that device. It will ask you to back up your files. When finished press on Eraseand format.
- In this way Android will format the card and encrypt it. When it finishes, it will ask you if you want to move those contents that until then were in the internal storage of the cell phone. If you want to do it, click Movenow. If you don’t want to click on Move
- Finally, a message will notify you that the card is working. Press Done.
From this moment on, every time you install an Android app, it will decide where to store it. It is not recommended that you move applications manually but you can. You can even move WhatsApp to the card. To do this, enter Settings, Storage,, USB and there you will select the place where the app is located. Press Applications, search for the app and click Change
How to Install SD Card on Android
If what you need is to install the SD card in the cell phone, the procedure is quite simple. Before doing this you will have to insert the card, so start by turning off the phone and looking for the slot where it goes. When you insert it, you will receive a notification. Then click on Configure and then it will ask you to select the type of storage you will use. There are two options:
- Portable storage: if you choose this option you will be able to move the card and all the content that you incorporate to another device. But it won’t allow you to move apps to the card.
- Internal storage: in this case you can only store applications and data on that device. When you move it to another computer it will be “formatted” and you can start using it again.
To finish complete the steps that appear on the screen and voila! The card is already installed.
Share this if you found this useful!